Here are today’s five thing to know about Sandwich:
- The sandwich is said to have originated over two thousand years ago with various combinations of meats and cheeses placed on bread or in pastry.
- This concoction didn’t get its name until 1762 when the 4th Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu, a British statesman, got hungry during a marathon poker game.
- He asked his cook to get him something to eat that wouldn’t interfere with the game.
- The cook took slices of roast beef and put them between two pieces of toast.
- He could eat a hearty meal with one hand and still be able to hold his cards in the other hand.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1633 Bernardino Ramazzini was born. An Italian physician, he was the first to note the relationship between worker’s illnesses and their work environment. Considered the founder of occupational…
View original post 170 more words